Surround Speaker Check 2.0 brings full support for Dolby Atmos along with all new features and spatial audio content to help users experience the full potential of their home theater audio gear.
Dolby Atmos Support
Over two years in the making, Surround Speaker Check 2.0 is the culmination of hundreds of hours of research and production work, with the end goal of creating the very best application for testing immersive audio playback on Dolby Atmos-compatible speaker systems and headphones. All test tracks now feature Dolby Atmos-format audio and are served using industry-standard streaming protocols.
Spatial Test Suite
One of the exciting new features in Surround Speaker Check is the Spatial Test Suite, where users can test Dolby Atmos playback on sound bars and speaker layouts in both 5.1.2 and 7.1.4 configurations. The Spatial Test Suite also includes a new Manual Speaker Check feature which allows users to single out a specific speaker for testing. Finally, the Spatial Objects Test Tracks page features an expanding library of spatial soundscapes where users can experience immersive audio at its most extreme.
Also new in Surround Speaker Check 2.0 is Spatial Lab, an in-app video blog where monthly episodes feature a variety of spatial audio production experiments and demos. Designed to be a fun and entertaining way to showcase a user’s home theater capabilities, Spatial Lab is truly unique in that is the very first video blog produced with a true multichannel Dolby Atmos soundtrack.
New In Surround Speaker Check 2.0
- Full support for Dolby Atmos and Apple spatial audio formats.
- Comprehensive testing for 5.1.2 and 7.1.4 speaker layouts.
- Spatial Object test tracks for evaluating immersive audio accuracy.
- Manual Speaker Check for isolating individual speakers.
- Spatial Lab video blog features monthly spatial audio demos and experiments designed to showcase home theater capabilities.
- Updated video tracks with 3D animation provide improved visualization of sound sources.
- The popular Subwoofer Check and Center Speaker Check test tracks have been updated for Dolby Atmos compatibility.
Pricing and Availability
Surround Speaker Check 2.0 is available as a free download on the iOS and tvOS App Stores. The app retains two free test tracks from the original version and now offers a low-price, yearly subscription for unlimited access to all Spatial Suite test tracks, spatial soundscapes, and free monthly downloads of Dolby Atmos content in the Spatial Lab.